Posting Date: 2 July 2017 – FILLED
Position: Acupuncture Medical Office Assistant/Receptionist
Job Type: Contract
We are a progressive, independently-owned wellness clinic located in Edmonton’s popular Glenora district. We offer acupuncture and functional medicine services to our clients and pride ourselves in a patient-centric, whole heath care model. We believe the best care considers the individual’s needs first, blends eastern with western medicine, and incorporates insights and therapies from other allied health professionals. We are looking to add a new contract administrative assistant to our team who shares our passion in wellness and holistic medicine and who would like to have the flexibility to determine their own ideal work hours/workdays.
- Beautiful and uniquely relaxing environment to work in.
- Flexibility in work scheduling.
- Robust technological infrastructure. We offer a fully paperless environment for all scheduling, patient communications, billing, and clinical documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the patient care team and the Clinic Director to ensure the clinic functions smoothly and all administrative tasks are handled efficiently.
- Greet patients in a warm and welcoming manner and assist with their registration.
- Ensure the timely flow of patients through the clinic and respond to patients concerns in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Schedule/confirm patient appointments.
- Answer phones, respond to e-mails/voicemails, follow-up phone calls, faxing, copying, and scanning of documents.
- Calculate and receive patient and insurance payments.
- Inventory tracking and ordering.
- Prepare treatment rooms.
- Other duties as required.
- Previous administrative experience in an acupuncture and/or allied healthcare environment.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and has the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Friendly, personable, works well with others, and has strong customer service skills. Ability to keep calm and collected under pressure.
- Must be a creative problem-solver.
- Able to work in a team environment. Must be comfortable working with little or no supervision.
- Able to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Must have strong communication skills and work ethic.
- Knowledge of medical documentation, insurance billing, and electronic health records.
- Comfortable with technologies. Expertise with Mac and PC operating systems.
- Graduate of Medical Office Assistant program or equivalent and/or current Acupuncture student.
- CPR certification.
If you are looking to step into a progressive clinical environment and if this opportunity sounds like it might be a great fit for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com outlining why you are the best candidate for the position.