Caring for people is my passion and one of the greatest callings life has to offer. I am a seasoned Paramedic and Acupuncturist with extensive experience assisting patients as they cope with obvious and invisible injuries. I have been there for those in desperate medical, psychological or traumatic situations, delivered beautiful babies in vehicles parked along the side of the road, and administered care in such odd locations as on a domestic airliner at 30,000 feet or when flying emergency medevacs over Arabian desertscapes. I know full well how to care for those in true crisis but have also witnessed so many more whose illnesses and injuries could be traced back to their treatment of the body as a whole, whether through their diet, fitness levels, or neglect. As my career has evolved, so has my focus, which has shifted to helping a greater number of people early on to prevent minor issues from evolving into larger and costlier illnesses. In my practice I have found a niche offering by pairing these strengths in emergency care and women’s health with the respected skills and techniques from top practitioners in oriental medicine. All care is focused on returning the body, mind, and spirit to a whole.
My academic preparation closely incorporates oriental medicine with Western healthcare. My passions build on natural strengths in highly stressful complex interactions, care management, and treatment of anxiety, depression and PTSD – particularly amongst Armed Forces and Emergency Services personnel. Within North America and the Middle East I have enjoyed a long standing career as a respected clinician, clinical educator, fire and emergency medical dispatcher. I hold active licensure with the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), the College of Acupuncturists of Alberta (CAA) and the California Acupuncture Board. I am a past Board Director with the Alberta Pain Society and a present member of the CAA Competence Committee.
- Doctorate of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM), American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- In progress with Spring 2022 anticipated completion
- Master of Science (M.S.) – Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, cum laude, South Baylo University
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) – Holistic Science, South Baylo University
- Diploma – Emergency Medical Technician (Paramedic), Augustana University
- College of Acupuncturists of Alberta (CAA)
- California Acupuncture Board
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)