Our Talented Team
Below you will find our team members and their bios. You can filter the list by type of “Service” provided, or by area of “Specialization”.
Dr. Tammy Lalonde
Caring for people is my passion and one of the greatest callings life has to offer. I am a seasoned Paramedic and Acupuncturist with extensive experience assisting patients as they cope with obvious and invisible injuries. I have been there for those in desperate medical, psychological or traumatic situations, delivered beautiful babies in vehicles parked along the side of the road, and administered care in such odd locations as on a domestic airliner at 30,000 feet or when flying emergency medevacs over Arabian desertscapes. I know full well how to care for those in true crisis but have also witnessed so many more whose illnesses and injuries could be traced back to their treatment of the body as a whole, whether through their diet, fitness levels, or neglect. As my career has evolved, so has my focus, which has shifted to helping a greater number of people early on to prevent minor issues from evolving into larger and costlier illnesses. In my practice I have found a niche offering by pairing these strengths in emergency care and women’s health with the respected skills and techniques from top practitioners in oriental medicine. All care is focused on returning the body, mind, and spirit to a whole.
My academic preparation closely incorporates oriental medicine with Western healthcare. My passions build on natural strengths in highly stressful complex interactions, care management, and treatment of anxiety, depression and PTSD – particularly amongst Armed Forces and Emergency Services personnel. Within North America and the Middle East I have enjoyed a long standing career as a respected clinician, clinical educator, fire and emergency medical dispatcher. I hold active licensure/registration with the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), the College of Acupuncturists of Alberta (CAA), the California Acupuncture Board, and the Alberta Herbalists Association (AHA). I am a past Board Director with the Alberta Pain Society and a present member of the CAA Competence Committee.
- Doctorate of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine (DACM), American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Master of Science (MS) – Traditional Chinese Medicine, American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Master of Science (MS) – Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, cum laude, South Baylo University
- Bachelor of Science (BS) – Holistic Science, South Baylo University
- Diploma – Emergency Medical Technician (Paramedic), Augustana University
- RAc – Registered Acupuncturist of the College of Acupuncturists of Alberta (CAA)
- RH – Registered Herbalist of the Alberta Herbalists Association (AHA)
- LAc – Licensed Acupuncturist of the California Acupuncture Board
- Dipl.Ac – Diplomate of Acupuncture of the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)
Dr. Seyed Abtahi
Dr. Abtahi is a well-respected and sought-after clinician who firmly believes that the greatest personal wealth an individual can have is good health. In his clinical practice, Seyed is known for addressing highly complex medical conditions with a gentle, empathetic, soft touch, and also for taking the time to translate into simple terms what may be going within each body system. His focus is on helping patients not only understand why discomfort and disease manifest in convoluted ways, but also in helping them develop balanced and holistic treatment plans to better guide their health journey.
Seyed is an avid life-long learner and researcher, always striving to understand the evolving intersections of classical Eastern and modern Western medicine. There is no doubt he has deep expertise in the delivery of complex care – he was a distinguished faculty member for several Universities and academic institutions in Iran, where he leveraged his graduate anesthesia and pain management studies to develop and deliver course curriculums for future generations of clinicians. He lectured widely on topics such as the pathophysiology of medical diseases, intensive care, pediatric and gynecological disorders and medical surgical needs. It was during this tenure that Seyed also discovered a natural curiosity for complementary medicine, as he was able to see the profound impacts it would have on helping people reach better levels of physical, mental and spiritual fitness.
His professional interests tend towards a broad spectrum of ailments, including chronic pain management, musculoskeletal pain, general health, digestive disorders, stress management, functional disorders, insomnia, emotional and psychological disorders, gynecological issues and auto-immune disease, among others. Seyed likes to incorporate different modalities to help his patients including acupressure, tuina (Chinese massage), gua sha, moxibustion, electro-stimulation, cupping, scalp and ear acupuncture.
Seyed holds a Master of Science degree in Anesthesia, as well as a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the Shiraz University of Medical Sciences. He is an honors graduate of the Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture program at Reeves College and is fully qualified with the College of Acupuncturists of Alberta (CAA). He is also a certified Su Jok Acupuncturist from the International Su Jok Academy, which is a highly specialized style of Korean acupuncture with a unique focus on those treatment patterns involving the palm and foot.
- Master of Science (MSc) in Anesthesia, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) in Nursing, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
- Diploma of Acupuncture (Dipl.Ac), Reeves College
- Certificate of Su Jok Acupuncture, International Su Jok Therapy Association, Su Jok Academy
- Certificate CPR Level C – AED, HCP from Canadian Red Cross
- RAc, College and Association of Acupuncturists of
Royston is a registered massage therapist with a two-year advanced clinical massage therapy diploma from MaKami College. This program is the highest comprehensive massage therapy program of its kind in the province of Alberta, providing 3,000 hours of classroom and practical work experience.
Over a decade Royston has practiced various forms of meditations as well as energetic and vibrational modalities. These modalities include Jin Shin Jyutsu, Acupoint Therapy, Qi Gong, Reconnective Healing and a modality similar to Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapy which he coined “Bio-Dynamic Energetic Therapy”. Royston specializes in chronic pain management through the balancing of the body’s energy fields and various energy systems.
These modalities help:
People who are sensitive to touch therapies and needling, reduce anxiety, stress and depression, relieve acute and chronic pain, increase the body’s energy and body awareness, and promote better circulation and improve mental focus.
Royston is also a certified NMT (Neuromuscular Therapist) and holds level III certificates in both Usui Reiki and Reconnective Healing. With both knowledge and experience, Royston uses energy and vibrational therapies to invoke the body’s natural ability to heal, bringing back balance to your mind, body, and soul.
- RMT, Registered Massage Therapist Diploma, Makami College
- NMT, Neuromuscular Therapist Certificate, International Academy of Neuromuscular Therapies
- Traditional Japanese Reiki (Third Degree) Certificate – Usui System of Natural Healing
- Reconnective Healing (Level III) Certificate
- Craniosacral Techniques
- RMT, Canadian Massage & Manual Osteopathic Therapists Association (CMMOTA)