Position: Registered Massage Therapist
Job Type: Employee
We are a progressive, independently-owned, multidisciplinary wellness clinic located in Edmonton’s popular Glenora district and pride ourselves in a patient-centric, whole health care model. We believe the best care considers the individual’s needs first, blends eastern with western medicine, and incorporates insights and therapies from other allied health professionals. We are looking to add a new, experienced Registered Massage Therapist to our team who shares our passion in wellness and holistic medicine and who would like to have the flexibility to determine their own ideal work hours/workdays.
- Beautiful and uniquely relaxing setting to work in.
- Knowledge sharing and collaborative training with experienced professionals.
- Patient referrals from our other health professionals in our busy, expanding practice.
- Marketing, online platforms, and website for your clients.
- Online scheduling, electronic health records, and direct billing.
- Flexible schedule.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Administrative support.
- Vacation pay, EI, and WCB.
- Registered and licensed to practice in the City of Edmonton. Must be in good standing with M.T.A.A., N.H.P.C. or R.M.T.A..
- Willing and interested in learning new therapeutic approaches.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to work evenings and/or weekends.
- Professional malpractice insurance.
- Professional liability insurance.
- Must have strong communication skills and work ethic.
- Current CPR certification.
- Talk with clients about symptoms, medical history, and desired results.
- Evaluate clients to locate painful or tense areas of the body.
- Manipulate muscles or other soft tissues of the body.
- Provide clients with guidance on stretching, strengthening, overall relaxation, and how to improve their posture.
- Professionally document the client’s condition and progress, complete with dates and practitioner signature.
- Ensuring adequate clean laundry supplies.
- Responsible for cleaning equipment after each use.
- Responsible for maintaining general clinic cleanliness.
If you are looking to step into a progressive, “turn-key” clinical environment and if this opportunity sounds like it might be a great fit for you, please submit a cover letter and resume outlining why you are the best candidate for the position.